- Customer: Coca-Cola
- Industry: Bottling, Manufacturing, Distribution
- Location: Kostinbrod, Bulgaria
- Period of implementation of the project: It took 6 months from the development of the project to its full implementation.
- Challenge: In connection with the introduction of a new PET bottling line, Coca-Cola HBC turned to STAM LTD with a specific case, namely to provide an innovative storage solution as well as a picking area for processing orders to distributors.
- Solution of STAM LTD: Our proposal was to build racks from the already known Radio Shuttle System, but with the innovative installation of picking tunnels to facilitate and increase the speed of order picking for individual distributors. With this solution, we have achieved maximum compaction of the storage space, with the first level (ground) fully focused on performing picking operations with access to more than 300 items.
A big advantage is the use of the latest generation of shuttle trucks, which meet all standards for safe and, at the same time, much more efficient operation.
Radio Shuttle is a semi-automated and compact pallet storage system serviced by robotic shuttles that move independently on rails integrated into the rack, thus it is not necessary for the forklift to enter the storage tunnels.
The solution we proposed was carefully reviewed by Coca Cola's professional team and approved for complete implementation by us.
The challenge was to accommodate an extremely short deadline for installation, which involved the gradual commissioning of racking units to allow finished production to be stored. There were a large number of working groups on the construction site and the precise organization between us allowed us to complete everything within the set deadlines.
- Achievement: The Radio Shuttle Racking System is an innovative technology that makes racking easier and more efficient. At the same time, it contributes to a significant increase in usable space and increases storage capacity.
This investment enables the company to produce beverages that it can store and be able to meet the needs of the end user in the busiest months.