PROGRAMMABLE LOGISTICS CONTROLLERS
PLCs devices are configured with specially designed programmable software. STAMH Solutions programmers have long experience with it.
Thanks to the communication between PLC and SCADA software, all different components in the Automated Storage Systems are synchronized. This synchronization allows the perfect execution of all intralogistics tasks in distribution and sorting centers.
PLCs from different devices send information to the SCADA software. Using modern HMI - Human Machine Interfaces, SCADA software visualizes and analyzes the data.
BASIC STEPS FOR PLC PROGRAMMING
PLCs perform certain functions in modern warehouses, logistics bases or sorting centers. To be configured, PLC software engineers and programmers must approach the solution in several ways:
• Define the task of the PLC;
• Define the PLC management strategy;
• Define a sequence of steps to be integrated in a complete intralogistics strategy;
• Develop an optimal algorithm;
PLC programming can be done for completely new applications or modernization of the existing system in the warehouse.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE PLC
Synchronized with the SCADA software, PLCs are used in automation and system control for all components, integrated in the warehouse intralogistics systems. In particular, they are important for:
- Management and control of different parts of the Conveyors and Conveyor Systems;
- PLCs for various mechanisms of the Conveyor Systems – rotary/turning tables, lifts, cranes, shuttle platforms;
- Control and management of sensors and sensor stations;
- PLC for palletizers;
WHERE AND HOW PLCs PARTICIPATE IN AUTOMATED STORAGE SYSTEMS?
PLC devices manage and control various components of the Automated Storage Systems and send information to the SCADA software for monitoring and processing;
PLC devices are supplied with information from sensors or manual inputs.
MAIN ADVANTAGES AND FUNCTIONS OF PLC CONTROLLERS
- Perform a wide variety of control functions;
- Collect and organize important information from the machines or component they control;
- PLCs can be integrated in a system, to exchange information;
- They contribute to the overall implementation of optimal intralogistic strategies;
- Their modularity allows hardware and software expansion of the storage or sorting systems;
- The additional programming of PLC modules allows changes or expansion of their functions;
MORE ADVANTAGES OF THE PLC
Solid components of the PLC
- The PLC is extremely resistant to mechanical wear and tear;
- Have low energy consumption levels;
- Occupy very reduced space in the warehouse or the production base, being very important in the same time;
Modern PLC are based on microprocessors
- Intelligent devices, making smart decisions related to the mechanisms and components driven by them;
- IOT – PLCs communicate with other smart devices in the system, optimizing warehouses, and production bases or warehouses intralogistics processes;
- They are multifunctional;
PLC are programmable devices
- They allow fast changes in the operations logic when needed;
- PLCs participate in the construction of very flexible systems;
- Flexible configuration and installation;
- Easy wiring and maintenance
PLC controllers with built-in indicators for diagnostics
- Reducing the time to eliminate errors;
- The devices signal both the correctly performed operations in the scalp and the errors;
Data storage and processing
The data, extracted from the PLC is used to generate reports and optimize and speed up the processes in the warehouse, implementing thus even more optimized intralogistics strategies.