WHAT WMS BASICALLY DOES?
- Warehouse Management System /WMS/ tracks and manages resources: raw materials, consumables, components and semi-finished goods, products, goods, packings, wrappings, etc.
- WMS keeps records of all parameters like quantity, location, lot number, production, expiry date, the hierarchy of packing, metrics, co-relations of metrics, etc.
- Warehouse Management Software manages all logistics processes: the inbound, the internal, and the outbound logistics;
- It manages the personnel: tasking, time and priority management, and KPI tracking;
WHERE TO USE WMS?
It is suitable in all fields of business related to logistics somehow. It manages warehouses in manufacturing companies (for raw materials, semi-finished and finished goods), distribution centers, fulfillment companies (for stock keeping, value-added services, and sophisticated billing), retail, transportation, and forwarding business (for temporary warehousing, reorganization, and grouping of freight), and even courier business (parcels and pallet management);
WHY INSTALL WMS?
With a Warehouse Management System (WMS) platform, you will achieve:
- Precise information on stock availability, goods’ location, and movements => avoid overstock and overstay of goods;
- Optimized and well-arranged storage space and logistics zones => minimized price of storage space and maximized profit;
- Centralized control of multi–locations warehousing (for dispersed companies) => optimized warehouse work-load and transportation;
- WMS is a technology platform with the ability to maintain mobile terminal devices operations => more speed and accuracy of tasks execution and control;
- Fast and precise put-in, put-away, replenishment, and commissioning => lowers the required staff number;
- Implementation of WMS Software ensures fewer errors and faults in operations => economy of redundant activities, return transport of wrong picked orders; avoid penalties and forfeits; prevent loss of confidence by customers;
- With WMS you will work by rules and apply standards (like FIFO, FEFO, LIFO, FPFO, FOFS, ABC, etc.) => general improvement of processes and higher rating for customers and institutions;
- Exact evaluation of service’s cost => optimal price calculation and fast/precise billing (useful for fulfillment companies)
- Warehouse Management Software /WMS/ means full tracking and control over the workforce (man-power and equipment) => more staff productivity and asset usage efficiency
- Traceability on all levels => better labor discipline
- Simplified, intuitive, and customizable GUI (graphic user interface). Quick and easy learning for everybody => less dependency on qualified personnel or manpower;
- Two-way real-time data exchange (integration) with other financial or management systems. This gives you the opportunity to reuse the information and speed up its flow within the enterprise => reducing the risk of mistakes and failure, gaining visibility on processes and financials;
- WMS ensures configurable and controlled web access to specific parts and system functionalities for external staff => the highest self-service level for 3PL/LSP and less administration
IN A FEW WORDS, YOU GAIN:
- Complete and profound information to support planning all along the supply chain;
- Effective economies;
- 360° visibility over the whole warehouse process at a glance.
- Unlimited number of standard and custom-developed reports;
- Optimized and smooth operations;
- High service level;
- Happy and satisfied customers;
The optimized put-in and commissioning (also called picking) of goods are the keys to proper internal logistics. They can be leveraged by means of advanced picking automation equipment, governed by WMS. Such enhancements are pick-by-light, pick-by-cart, and pick-by-voice technologies.