- Client: ALFA, GREECE
- Industry: Production and distribution of frozen food and pasta. The company holds a leading position on the Greek market with over 40 years of history, 50 regional distributors and 11 000 shops.
- Location: Kozani, Greece
- Period of implementation of the project: 3 months
- Total capacity of the warehouse: 4,720 sq.m.
- Challenge: Equipment, racks and storage systems, managed with WMS software for three warehouses, designed to operate at -25 ° C in an area with increased seismic activity. The system of racks had to be with a very high construction and maximum storage density - for the warehouse and for the expedition area.
Our task was to ensure maximum use of the storage space, using Mobile Racking System, as maintenance of storage conditions in this kind of low temperature warehouses is expensive.
- Solution: Due to the specific requirements for seismically secured Mobile Racking Systems, STAMH engineers designed special additional rails and locking parts to protect the system against overturning during an earthquake, preserving the products and racks in the same time.
Due to the increased weight of each single pallet and the large number of shelving levels, standard single modules with 4 pallets by level, had to be replaced with 2 and 3 pallets modules. We didn’t reduce the storage capacity, as Mobile Racking Systems provide maximum storage density, eliminating a large percentage of unused access corridors and opening a working corridor only when/where access is needed.
The racks had to be installed in three different refrigerated warehouses. In one of them, there was a separate area for expedition, where Gravity Racks for Pallets - type Live Storage was the best solution.
The specific construction and shape of the building was another challenge for STAMH. Due to the complexity of the structure, some parts of the Mobile Racking System, in one of the refrigerated warehouses, had to be with completely different parameters, engineering, construction and installation.
As usual, when working with refrigerating cameras, additional WMS Software Module was provided. This specific WMS module allows the working corridor to be evenly divided in several smaller corridors, for proper ventilation at night. The entire project, including the special WMS Software Module, was completed within three months.
For this project, STAMH provided an additional functionality - WMS Remote Service Solution. It allows remote maintenance and diagnostics of the software of the Mobile Racking Systems worldwide.
WMS - Remote Service Solution, is able to access the interface of Racking Systems remotely. This way, STAMH managed to provide for this project:
- Distant service and diagnostics;
- Elimination of the need of previous service team visit if needed;
This way, businesses can continue the exploitation of their warehouses, while STAMH Solutions IT engineering team is adding a new functionality, preventing problems or repairing the system remotely, saving businesses time and money.
- Achievement: The Mobile Racking system was seismically secured, with an additional expedition zone with Gravity Racks for Pallets - Live Storage for easier and faster loading and unloading. The combination of maximum warehouse density, higher racking system, direct access to each pallet and fast loading of the trucks for distribution, helped the client to be extremely flexible, competitive and cost effective.