Basic functionalities cover all the basic processes in the warehouse, no matter what kind of business a particular warehouse belongs to. It could be manufacturing, distribution, courier or even logistics services providing business. The basic functionalities are grouped in The Core. This Core is serving to and significantly improves the following main warehousing processes:
- Identification, quantity control (counting) and data collection;
- Reservations, quality control (optional);
- Separation or aggregation of items and packages;
- Put-away and placement;
- Handling of returned goods/materials and leftovers.
- Replenishment of picking;
- Relocation and internal transfers;
- Value added services (for LSP/3PL).
- Processing of Sales orders and stock control
- Commissioning /Picking/ of goods by different methods
Inventory and Counting
Rejecting / scrapping
Printing documents and labels. Label Design
Exchanging data with other information systems (integration)
Specific functionalities are detached from the Core. Some of them are grouped in modules, aiming to serve different vertical solutions /or LOB/. The most used modules are:
It is an application (usually running on TOUCH SCREEN workstations) that greatly facilitates the packing process. It helps users to split and merge all picked goods at the desired level of detail such as cartons, inner-cartons & items. It can then generate packing lists and shipping labels where required to facilitate the vehicle loading and delivery process.
It is a tool that allows the creation of palletization plans concerning mixed pallets. It generates picking tasks that are followed by the pickers in order to properly pick and build the planned pallet(s).
It is a comprehensive application supporting lite production activities within a distribution center. Such activities are usually the creation of promotional items (by Supermarkets and FMCG distributors), the assembly of the final ‘ready-made’ products (devices, furniture, etc.). An indicative list of the capabilities of this module is given bellow:
• Assembly of existing components (SKUs) and packaging materials to produce new SKUs by employing advanced multilevel specifications (Bill Of Material - BOM).
• BOMs can be version controlled. Multi-BOM by set can be defined.
• Support of internal LOT genealogy and traceability.
• Informs user on the products expected to be produced per production line/order (SKU, QTY etc.),
• Back Flushing for automatic issuing of the components and packing material
This is an extremely versatile billing system, applying to Logistics Service Providers [LSP, 3PL] or to the logistics business unit of an enterprise wishing to act/operate as a LSP company. It undertakes the full control, calculation, issuing and maintenance of all invoice data related to the depositors concerning warehousing and distribution activities. It issues pro-forma invoices and detail statements for each supported price driver.
Upstream and Downstream Traceability Management
Long experience with traceability issues is due to the large number of FMCG customers that operate within EU’s strict traceability standards. The experience of developing the Quality & Plant Vision which are following extremely strict traceability and quality standards, allow to enhance the experience and to include it in the typical DC operations.
The result is that our WMS includes a complete set of functions supporting the traceability both in up-stream and in down-stream logistics. Together with the internal lot genealogy (in DC’s productions areas) provides a complete trace of the lots from merchandise reception up to the delivery of the goods.
A special lot recall utility is included in the system. It can support up to 100% recall accuracy depending on the trace detail level the customer decides to employ in the warehousing operations.
Lot genealogy keeps track of the internal genealogy of the lots within the production area of a DC. It is accompanying the Warehouse Production module of the system.
Task Manager is a powerful tool that greatly facilitates the management of WMS tasks (picking, put-away, replenishment, etc.). An indicative list of its capabilities is given bellow:
• Search current tasks by many criteria (type, status, depositor, item, etc.)
• Execute tasks.
• Group a number of tasks to a task list.
• Modify task details such as priority, reassign another user to execute it, change the task destination (pick/put-away/… destination).
Visual Warehouse Manager
Visual Warehouse Manager is a state-of-the-art visual warehouse monitoring tool. It greatly facilitates the warehouse daily operations by allowing the visual monitoring of all stock status and movements through the various warehouse areas and storage systems in real time. An indicative list of VWM's capabilities is given bellow:
• Topographical representation of the storage locations and operational areas within a distribution center.
• Many zoom levels are supported within the distribution center reaching up to the stock details.
• Visualization of activity details in real time.
• Powerful stock locator facility with a visualization of the search results on top of the warehouse layout.
Work Force Supervisor
Work Force Supervisor is a visual user-friendly tool that enables warehouse managers to monitor the actions of the RF users and interact with them in real time regardless of their location (i.e. a warehouse manager can monitor RF users who are located in different local or remote buildings/sites). Besides monitoring, expert warehouse managers can use WFS to help/train RF users in real time. An indicative list of its capabilities is given bellow:
• Real time viewing of a user’s RF screen.
• Ability to monitor one or more active RF users simultaneously.
• Ability to send messages to one or more RF users simultaneously.
• Ability to receive messages from a user’s RF.
• Ability to stop the operation of an RF (kill the process).
Trade partner Management (Web Access)
- Web Track & Trace
It allows authorized users to have online access via a web browser to vital WMS data such as:
• Item stock balance (along with its associated stock attributes),
• Sales order status (pending, picked, loaded, etc.),
It is a must for LSPs as well as for general purpose DCs with needs for web access.
- Web Order
It is an advance web application allowing authorized users to submit complex Sales Orders (SO) via web browser.
SO can be entered interactively (e-basket) by authorized users located at their office or by mobile users such as salesmen while visiting their customers (given they have access to web).
Alternatively, SO can be submitted by scanning item barcodes at the remote location (e.g. at a retail outlet) and submitting the resulting barcode file to WMS via this module.
Web Order has been designed to efficiently support a very large number of SKUs that is usually required by retailers, spare parts distributors, etc.
- Web ASN
Advanced Shipping Notices (ASN) can be submitted to WMS by means of a web browser also.
It is a must for LSPs as well as for general purpose DCs with needs for co-operation with suppliers who cannot exchange ASN details via EDI.
KPI, BI & REPORTING
To adding an extra power to the system, when speak about frequently design of brand new reports, here we implement:
• BI – Qlik View (or integrate it, in case it is already installed)
• REPORTING – Business Objects Cristal Reports
• about KPI tracking here we use a proprietary highly customizable and flexible report engine giving ability of generating fine-grained specific reports over the labor productivity, performance and efficiency.
PARCEL & LTL Management
This module consists of functionalities, exclusively targeted to courier, freight forwarding and transportation business.
It includes features like Proof of Delivery and attachment of external graphic materials (such as scans or photos).
There is a bunch of highly specialized functionalities, also tight together in modules. It is used by implementing partners or extremely advanced companies with devoted and profoundly trained IT team. This subsystem is designated for features development or fine grained customizations.
Logistics Scenario Builder
This tool gives:
• the consultants ability to define stock rotation rules that are more specialized than the standard FIFO/FEFO/LIFO, etc. which are included in the core system.
• a graphical flow design interface to combine predefined advanced business rules as well as define new ones in order to create even the most complex picking and replenishment scenarios.
An unlimited number of rules and scenarios can be active per Distribution Center at the same time to cover its particular needs.
Logistics Link Manager
The efficiency of a logistics information system is directly dependent on its ability to be integrated with existing systems such as ERP & MRP. LLM is specialised module which allows fast initial setup of the interfaces with existing IT systems, as well as easy maintenance of the interfaces in the future.
Visual Warehouse Designer
This is the design part of the Visual Warehouse Manager described previously in this document. It enables authorized personnel to initially design and then maintain and modify the topology of the various warehouse areas and storage systems.
Software Development Enabler
It allows the usage of Microsoft DOT NET and SQL scripting languages to extend system’s functionality both on Windows and Terminal Emulation Clients.
RF Menu Designer
It is a tool that allows consultants to customize the menus displayed on the screens of mobile terminals depending on customer’s specific needs.
Custom Reports Builder
Allows the creation of custom reports based on the Business Objects Crystal Reports platform.
Windows Form Designer
It is a powerful tool which gives ability of creates custom windows forms so to cover special customer needs.
Using adapted WMS platform according the customer’s requirements you will achieve:
- highly precise information on stock availability, location and movement
- optimized and well-arranged storage space and logistics zones
- maximum staff and equipment efficiency and productivity
- minimum errors and faults
- traceability of goods and tasks
- fast and precise commissioning
- working by rules (as FIFO, FEFO, LIFO, FPFO, FOFS, ABC, etc.)
- centralized control of multi – location warehousing (geographically dispersed companies)
- exact and fine granulated cost evaluation and price calculation for services
- full control over the work force
- minimum dependency of qualified personnel or manpower fluidity; cut away redundant staff
- complete and profound information to support planning all along the supply chain
- 360º visibility over the whole warehouse by means of practically unlimited number of standard and custom-developed reports
- effective economies
- incredible high level of service
- happy and satisfied customers