The Shuttle XP vertical lift system has been designed to meet a broad range of storage and retrieval applications in manufacturing, distribution, retail and warehouse operations. The combination of optimal storage density, flexible, efficient storage strategies, ergonomics and security makes the Shuttle XP from Kardex Remstar a unique storage solution.
The modular Shuttle XP vertical lift is an enclosed system on which trays are stored vertically on the front and rear of the unit. There is an extractor device located in the centre, which automatically delivers trays with the stored items to the access opening at the push of a button or the scan of a barcode. The device is modular in its construction with the ability to change its height and number of access openings pre and post construction. Depending on the ceiling height, at least 85% of a conventional storage system's occupied floor space can be recovered. The Shuttle XP automatically scans every tray with the use of Optiflex technology, finding the ideal storage location within the system in increments of 25 mm. Items are stored in the least possible amount of space.
Seven features of the Shuttle XP made for excellence
- Access opening with automatic shutter doors. Protection of operator and stored goods. Decreased noise levels. Enables pre-commissioning –operator works with one tray while extractor prepares the next tray for delivery behind the shutter doors. To eliminate waiting time, the trays are exchanged once the operator finishes their work with the current tray.
- Optiflex technology- Best possible utilisation of the storage space within the device thanks to automatic scanning of the stored item’s height. Maximum storage compression.
- Internal weight management system- Monitors tray and unit load via the resistance in order to prevent overloading of the individual tray or the device.
- Tooth belt drive- Provides faster travel and access times, lower noise levels and greater longevity of your machine.
- Trays in different load classes- Variable trays can be stored in the same unit, providing reduced acquisition costs and long-term operation flexibility.
- Ergonomic access opening.
- Future-proof design- The height of the unit can be modified quickly and easily, and additional access openings can be fitted. As such, it can be optimally adapted to meet future needs.
Benefits at a glance:
- Faster access times
- Increased turnover of goods
- Larger storage space using significantly less floor space
- Precise inventory levels through integration with internal warehouse management systems
- Greater safety and protection for operators and stored goods
- Improved ergonomics
- Modular expandability
|Shuttle XP 250/500|
|Unit dimenstions||- LED/laser pointer|
|Wight||1.580 to 4.380 mm||- Alphanumeric or matrix position display|
|Depth||2.312 to 4292 mm||- Confirmation bar|
|Height||2.550 to 30.050 mm||- ESD design|
|Unit Heignt pitch||- Automatic tray runner|
|100mm steps||- Manual Tray runner|
|Performance date||- Transit trolley|
|Vertical speed adjustable up to 2.0 m/s||- Swivel arm for control unit|
|Storage/retrieval speed adjustable up to 0.7 m/s||- Double/multiple opening|
|Maximum load 67/120t||- Tray locking mechanism|
|Trays||- User administration|
|Wight||1.250 to 4.050 mm||- Logicontrol 200unit control system|
|Depth||610 to 1.270 mm||- Factory - fitted crane|
|Height||2.550 to 30.050 mm||- Special trays for pallet storage|
|Storage space pitch||25 mm||- Tray runner for forklift operation|
|Min. Tray spacing||75 mm||- Up to six access openings per unit|
|Maximum load 67/120t||up to 560 kg||- Forklift operation in front of the unit|
|Special options||- Vertical Photo Cells for monitoring the shaft|
|- Cooler/freezer configurations to -25||- LED position display|
|- Heated units to +60||- Vario position display|
|- Class 100-100.00/ISO Class 5-8 cleanroom applications||- TIC matrix|
|- Controlled atmosphere (5% relative humidity/ 10% reltive humidity)||- Auxiliary system|
|- Fire protection (water/gas)||- Weighing system|
|- Explosion protection|